Job Title: Heavy Equipment Mechanic – Field (Henderson, Colorado)
Reports To: Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Power Screening, LLC is seeking a qualified HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC – FIELD SERVICE to support it Service Operations at its Henderson, Colorado location. We are seeking goal-oriented, self-directed Field Service Technician (Heavy Equipment & Aggregate) who can operate and inspect equipment to diagnose defects and define needed repairs. Repairs and maintains all equipment for the Products we sell: Powerscreen, Komptech, Liebherr & MGL. Other product lines may be added in the future. Repair tests equipment for proper operation, checks all safety functions, and checks for leaks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs service tasks as assigned by the service manager
- Keeps abreast of all changes in various models of equipment sold and serviced by the distributors
- Reports each repair job providing the following information: customers name, make and model of unit, serial number, hours worked, details of work performed, problems encountered (if any), time required, parts, equipment & supplies used
- Brings to the attention of the shop manager any additional work required on unit or visible signs of damage
- Utilize great technical skill to perform hydraulic and electronic tests, also using VCAD’s computer programming for diagnostics and parameter settings.
- Skill in the use of a variety of diagnostic testing and tuning equipment
- Ability to diagnose mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic malfunctions
- Analyze and utilize schematic diagrams and technical manuals
- Utilize strong organizational and customer service skills to order parts and provide quotes for clients
- Keeps immediate work area in a clean and orderly manner
- Notifies manager if shop equipment or vehicle is not in serviceable condition or constitutes a safety hazard
- Returns company tools to tool box at the end of each shift in a clean, working condition ready for the next man to use
- Takes advantage of all opportunities to attend schools and training sessions in order to upgrade technical competence
- Practice inter-personal skills to maintain a positive relationship with co-workers and supervisors
- Performs other duties as prescribed by the shop superintendent from time to time
- Actively supports safety policy, goals, and objectives plus uses sound environmental practices
- Each employee is accountable for utilizing sound judgment and safe practices to prevent injuries
- Display a professional attitude and respect working relationships amongst co-workers at all times
- RESPONSIBLE for having a work order opened for each service task either shop or field
- RESPONSIBLE for completing a “serviceman’s report” for each work order…including notes, machine hours, damages, time worked, mileage, expenses, photos or pertinent information to describe work performed
- RESPONSIBLE for all company owned tools, equipment and vehicles in his care or possession treating all as if they were his own
- Required to work in the shop if field workload is not adequate to consume 40 hours per week
- Must work as a teammate with Service Writer to insure all documentation and paperwork is complete
- High School diploma; Trade School (2 yr. degree) or other experience preferred
- Experience as a Heavy Equipment Technician/Mechanic required
- Experience in Crushing, Screening, Composting and Yellow Iron industry experience preferred
- Proficient utilizing computers including Microsoft products, Smartphone and iPad
- This position requires sitting, stooping, kneeling, pushing, climbing, moving and reaching overhead and working overhead
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. and work inside and outdoors in various climates, temperatures, and/or adverse conditions
- This position is exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, electrical systems, hazardous materials, fumes, airborne particles and moderate noise levels. Appropriate PPE gear must be worn as required
- Must have valid Driver’s License and a clean MVR (this job does NOT require a Class A CDL)
Selected candidates are subject to a pre-employment DOT drug screen and a post-offer WorkSTEPs physical and background check. Selected candidate must be able to obtain a DOT Medical Certification (a Class A CDL is NOT Required for this job).
Power Screening offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits to include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D, Disability, 401K = Company Match, Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off.
Power Screening is an Equal Opportunity Employer.